Thursday, September 2, 2010

Real Coffee's Calamansi Muffins

It's the start of the "-Ber" months again and here in the Philippines, it also means start of the Christmas season which is also equivalent to an excuse to feast on whatever food cravings we have and blame it on the Christmas season. Yes, we're sneaky like that.

So, while I was doing my drafting work earlier in the family room, my cousin was watching a movie on the local cable channel -- When Love Begins, that reminded me of these muffins that were so magical they lasted almost a month before I (and I alone) consumed the whole box and I'm not being sarcastic when I say magical because even though I eat at least one muffin a day, the whole box still looks untouched.

Calamansi Muffins @ Real Coffee, Boracay

Some friends of mine say there's nothing really special about these muffins and that they pretty much taste like lemon squares. 

I disagree. 

Okay, maybe they do taste like lemon squares... a little.

Whatever.

I do believe these Calamansi Muffins rock (plus Jonah's shake).

If you happen to be in Boracay, drop by at Real Coffee for some afternoon "snack" or just buy one muffin for only P35 (less than $1). One muffin is huge, by the way. I don't know how much for the whole box since a close friend of mine just bought it for me for my birthday but it's probably P35 x 12 pcs. Not bad.

Real Coffee is located near Boat Station 1 in Boracay. I also hear they have great coffee thus the name.

6 comments:

  1. Hey Mara! :)

    I've only tasted these muffins once when a colleague brought me one back from Boracay. Sarap!

    Vera

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks delicious .. before galing kami boracay hope when i come back i will have time to visit the store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is yummy.... boracay lang ba meron nito? I would really to taste this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've never tasted calamansi muffins before. in fact, hard as it is to admit, i've never been to boracay! waaa

    *sigh* from bread to beaches, the Philippines has a lot of things/places/people that one can *heart* to pieces. do you have your own yummy list? please do share the foodies' perspective in Mission: I *Heart* the Philippines- a celebration of being Pinoy in my blog that's celebrating its 4th bday this month.

    http://elsalvadordelmundo.blogspot.com/2010/09/fourth-blog-anniversary-contest-mission.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look and sound really yummy! I've never tried those before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Vera: You should try it again when you go to Bora. I think it's mas masarap now than before. Haha! ;)

    @Workingathome: Yes, visit Real Coffee when you're there. I promise to try out their coffee next time.

    @Ian: Oooh! I have my own yummy list. I actually have a list for everything. Haha! Go to Boracay and eat Calamansi muffin! :D

    @Petula: The photos do not give it justice, it's waaaay better in actual and taste even more delicious. :D

    ReplyDelete

 

Mara's Appetite. Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Edited by Riel