Monday, March 22, 2010

Golden Spoon.

In a super hot season like what we have here in Manila, a very cool, cold and yummy treat would definitely help in more ways than one. If you're a local, you know what I'm talking about; ice cream, halo-halo, iced candies, iced fruit juices, anything "iced cold" we would grab and chew/drink just to feel not-so-hot anymore. If you're a foreigner in a much cooler place than where we are, you're lucky. :)

Here's what I have been thinking of since last night. Golden Spoon frozen yogurt is different from all the other frozen yogurts that I have tried (and I have tried a lot!). Although it's not one of my favorites in the category, I think it's pretty delicious if you're craving for something sweet but low-fat or non-fat. Of course for a frozen yogurt treat, I'd still go for White Hat but last night I was craving for something sweet but guilt-free and of course... COLD.

2 small Boysenberries: the left one is mine w/ small mallows and yogurt chips and the right one is my nephew's w/ buttered pecan and granola

My nephew introduced this to me a few weeks ago, it was yummy but I was thinking of White Hat yogurt that day so I didn't really enjoy it much. Plus it was TOO expensive for me. I didn't even bother looking at the price (my nephew paid for our yogurt) of each, I just saw the total amounting to about P500 ($10-$12) which means each cost approximately P250. That's crazy. Frozen yogurts usually only cost P80-P150 including toppings. I guess I'll go for this one if I have money to spare because in all fairness, it's cheaper than a Haagen-Dazs and it tastes yum yum yum!

If you are in the Philippines, I only know of one branch and that is in Shangri-La Mall. If you're abroad, you can find Golden Spoon in Japan and in the USA (California, Arizona, Nevada and Utah).

Give it a try and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Mara's Appetite. Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Edited by Riel